© 2023 All rights reserved.
Flavorful Vegan Sriracha Burgers with Pumpkin
These vegan sriracha pumpkin burgers will surprise you with their great texture and taste! You may find adding pumpkin puree to a burger sounds odd, but you will never know it’s there. The extra vitamins this burger punches out will make this a much healthier burger than anything you can buy on the market!
Vegan Sriracha Pumpkin Burger
- food processor
- mixing bowl
- griddle or non-stick pan
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup cannellini beans or white beans
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (ground into flour)
- 4 buns toasted hamburger buns
- 4 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sriracha (for mayonnaise)
- greens, tomatoes, avocado, and pickles for burger fixings
- Make your flax egg: whisk ground flax with water and set aside.
- Grind your oats in food processor (or blender) until texture is flour-like. It doesn't have to be perfect, again, some larger pieces of oats are ok in the patty). Set aside in mixing bowl.
- Puree beans in food processor (doesn't have to be perfect, as some texture in burger is OK)
- Add pumpkin, flax egg, sriracha sauce, green onions, and spices. Pulse just to mix through.
- Add wet mixture to dry oatmeal mixture and stir well to combine.
- Form 4 patties and pan fry evenly on both sides. Do not overcrowd your skillet. Give yourself room to flip, Don't flip them too soon or they could fall apart,
- Enjoy on toasted bun with fixings of your choice.