© 2023 All rights reserved.
Light and Fluffy Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
You wouldn’t believe that pumpkin puree can make such delicious fluffy vegan pumpkin pancakes! This one-bowl recipe is so easy to make and is quite the crowd-pleaser! Grab your griddle and get your brunch going with these light and lovely pumpkin-spices pancakes. The batter will be quite thick – you can add a bit more plant milk if you like them thinner.
Add your favorite toppings, pecans, and maple syrup. Fresh or thawed berries or chocolate chips. Add coconut whipped cream, or make your own with aquafaba. Check out our step-by-step recipe for an easy do-it-yourself for cheap Aquafaba Whipped Cream here.
Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
- mixing bowl
- griddle or non-stick frying pan
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or white sugar
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips optional
- 1/4 cup pecans optional
- dairy-free whipped cream optional
- In one bowl, mix the wet ingredients together: pumpkin puree, milk, maple syrup, oil, vinegar and vanilla.
- Sift in dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices. Add chocolate chips if using. Stir dry into wet until just combined. Do not overmix. The batter will be thick.
- Set a dry non-stick griddle or pan on medium heat.
- Scoop 1/4 batter rounds into the pan and spread lightly. Cook for a couple of minutes then flip when golden brown. Cook evenly on both sides, and continue with rest of batter until all done.
- Serve immediately with vegan whipped cream, maple syrup and pecans. (optional -suggestion)