© 2023 All rights reserved.
9 Reasons To Go Vegan
Why should you “Go Vegan?”
Do you want to feel great, have more energy and improve your health? This is for you! Change your diet for your health and well-being, for our environment or/and for the animals. Find tips and facts for going vegan.
#1 Go Vegan for Health Benefits
Strive to eat whole foods as opposed to vegan processed foods. Some of the health benefits are:
- richer in many vitamins and nutrients (however, make sure to take B12 supplement) Click here to find out why.
- lose excess weight (if you focus on whole foods, you should naturally lose weight)
- lowers blood sugar levels and improves kidney function
- may protect against certain cancers.
- lowers the risk of heart disease.
- can reduce pain from arthritis.
#2 Go Vegan for the Environment
- Animals raised for food production are fed over half of the world’s crops.
- Following a vegan lifestyle contributes less air pollution and puts less stress on our natural resources by requiring less land, fossil fuels, and water.
#3 Go Vegan for the Animals
- We no longer need animal products for sustenance, clothing or shelter.
- Make a difference and stop animal cruelty.
- All animals are sentient beings and are capable of feeling pain and a wide range of emotions including fear, sadness, and loneliness.
#4 Go Vegan for a Better Complexion
- The natural antioxidants in fruits and vegetables improve your complexion. Also by removing many processed foods and non-vegan fatty foods, you should notice improvement in your skin. This doesn’t happen overnight, as it takes a bit of time for the impurities to clear out of your system.
#5 Go Vegan for More Energy
- This diet full of fruit and vegetables and high in fiber and low in fat produces more energy. There are many trained athletes who strive on a healthy vegan diet.
#6 Go Vegan and Have Less Cravings
- When you change your diet, you will eventually no longer crave animal products. They may actually have an adverse effect and repulse you! Once you feed your body with the proper foods, it will regular itself and work optimally with those foods. You most likely will not crave all those things you’ve craved in the past, as your stomach and brain have reset to your new regime.
#7 Vegan diets are your NOT typical “Weight-Loss Diets”
- This is the only way you need to eat! No more diets to follow. A whole food vegan diet is sustainable for health and weight loss all on its own! Who needs to go on all these other crazy fad diets that make your weight (and emotions) jump up and down like a yo-yo?
#8 Go Vegan for a Feeling of Well Being
- You will get sick less often and have better digestion. Therefore, less doctor and prescription invoices! Yes!
#9 Go Vegan for a Change in Lifestyle that is Sustainable
- Be proud that you are eating a sustainable diet that is not harming the animals and you are contributing to our planet’s well-being.
- It is a healthy and exciting lifestyle change for you!
What is the Best Way to Start Eating Vegan?
Start eating a vegan diet slowly, by first cutting out meat once a week, then twice… I started off by removing dairy and eggs (that was easy enough). Then slowly, I took out the meat. The last thing was the cheese, which was the hardest! Cheese contains carcinogens that are so addictive.
Click here for my best and favorite cheese sauce recipe that goes on everything!!
Meanwhile, find a few simple vegan recipes and snacks you really enjoy and continue with those. Slowly add on new vegan recipes and items. Ensure that you have your favorite vegan snacks and go to meals prepared ahead of time. This way, you won’t fall into the trap of grabbing fast food on the way home from work!
Click here for more information on How to Transition to a Vegan Diet.
How to stay on track no matter what people say around you?
Follow some good support groups through your favorite social media such as Facebook. I wouldn’t have survived without that! You can get a variety of great ideas and easy recipes. More so, whenever you have a question, there is always someone with experience ready and so willing to help and encourage you!
You need that support and community as it’s very possible you will meet resistance from friends and family around you.
How to deal with haters around you?
You may face some daily challenges and questions from people around you. They may not understand what you are doing, and you may not be equipped to answer all their questions. Do not dismay! Don’t try to change them by telling them what they are doing is wrong. They will feel threatened and judged. It’s best to simply tell them that you are trying something new and that it is working for you. Keep your explanation simple and matter of fact. They should leave you alone.
Get my Vegan Guidebook entitled “Simply Happy Vegan” that will help you find your stand as a vegan, determine what it means to you, and help you answer all those tough questions people ask.
Some friends, family or co-workers may become vegan as a result of watching you. They may genuinely have an interest in what you are doing. If this happens, I always refer them to my favorite Netflix documentaries. “Forks over Knives” and “What the Health” are great informative documentaries that will answer many questions.
What about you?
As you can see, there are numerous health benefits to following a vegan diet.
Did you know that according to PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), 198 animals are saved each year per one vegan person! That’s very good news!
Also, the world’s population is expected to reach 9 billion by 2050. A widespread movement towards a vegan lifestyle is the most effective way to reduce pressure on our environment. It may be absolutely crucial to our survival as a species.
Join our community on this exciting journey to a new lifestyle. I would love to help you because I do care about seeing a change in our diets to bring us all into greater health. I also care about having a healthier planet to live on for ourselves and future generations.