© 2023 All rights reserved.
Delicious Vegan Lentil Soup with Pumpkin
Enjoy a hearty vegan pumpkin soup with red lentils, spinach and spices. Warm up on a cool day with a warm mug of this delicious fall soup.
Vegan Pumpkin Lentil Soup
Hearty, thick and healthy soup made with red lentils, pumpkin puree, spinach and delicious spices
- large pot
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups red lentils (rinsed)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree use homemade or canned (not pumpkin filling)
- 4 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp curry
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt add to your taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Saute chopped onion in a large soup pot until transluscent. Use vegetable broth or water if it sticks. Use a bit of oil if you are not oil free. Adding oil will increase the calorie intake.
- Add the broth, pumpkin and spices and bring to a boil.
- Add red lentils and stir in well. Turn down heat to a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Red lentils cook very quickly. Do not overcook the lentils or they will get mushy.
- Turn off the heat, pull the pot off the hot element and stir in your chopped spinach.
- Serve hot with crusty bread.